Consent, Collection, Use & Disclosure
Super Dave’s collects personal information from its employees, customers and other individuals with whom it carries on business to maintain an effective business relationship. Super Dave’s only collects the personal information necessary to complete the stated purpose. Super Dave’s provides personal information from its customers to credit reporting agencies, financial institutions and investors in the course of conducting its business. Super Dave’s does not sell personal information to third parties. Unless an employee or customer voluntarily provides personal information for an obvious purpose, Super Dave’s will tell the customer or employee why his/her personal information is being collected. Super Dave’s will only use customers’ or employees’ information for this stated purpose or a consistent purpose, unless the employee or customer consents to another purpose or as required by law. Employees’ and customers’ personal information may be collected, used or disclosed without their consent only as determined by PIPEDA or by law. Specifically, Super Dave’s does not require an employee or customer’s consent to collect information when:
- the collection is reasonably related to investigating a breach of an agreement or a contravention of the laws of Canada or a province and it is reasonable to expect that the 2 collection with the knowledge or consent of the employee or customer would compromise the availability or accuracy of the information.
Super Dave’s does not require an employee or customer’s consent to use information when:
- it becomes aware of information that it has reasonable grounds to believe could be useful in the investigation of a contravention of the laws of Canada, a province or a foreign jurisdiction that has been, is being or is about to be committed, and the information is used for the purpose of investigating that contravention;
- it is used for the purpose of acting in an emergency that threatens the life, health or security of an individual.
Super Dave’s does not require your consent to disclose information when:
- it is required to comply with a subpoena or warrant issued or an order made by a court, person or body with jurisdiction to compel the production of information, or to comply with rules of court relating to the production of records;
- made to a government institution or part of a government institution that has made a request for the information, identified its lawful authority to obtain the information and indicated that it suspects the information relates to national security, the defence of Canada or the conduct of international affairs;
- the disclosure is requested for the purpose of enforcing any law of Canada, a province or a foreign jurisdiction, carrying out an investigation relating to the enforcement of any such law or gathering intelligence for the purpose of enforcing any such law;
- the disclosure is requested for the purpose of administering any law of Canada or a province;
- made to a person who needs the information because of an emergency that threatens the life, health or security of an individual
- made to an investigative body and the disclosure is reasonably related to investigating a breach of an agreement or a contravention of the laws of Canada or a province; or
- otherwise required by law.
Super Dave’s may periodically review and analyze employee or customer information to better understand its customer and employee needs and preferences to develop, enhance, and market its services.
Access, Correction & Retention
Employees or Customers may access their personal information, subject to the exceptions listed in PIPEDA, or request a factual correction of their personal information. The request must be in writing and contain sufficient detail to enable Super Dave’s to identify your personal information to provide the information to you or to make the correction. A minimal fee may be charged for providing access to personal information and we will inform you of any applicable fee when your request is received. In most cases, a response will be provided within 30 business days, however, if a longer time is needed, Super Dave’s will provide an employee or customer with a written notice stating the reasons for the extension. The information provided by employees and customers to Super Dave’s will be kept until is no longer necessary to retain the information for legal or business purposes.
Super Dave’s has physical and technological security safeguards and procedures in place to protect employees’ and customers’ personal information from unauthorized access. Security measures include locked filing cabinets, restricted access, use of user ID’s and passwords, and firewalls. Paper documents containing personal information are shredded when no longer required.
Please contact Super Dave’s if you have questions about the personal information in its custody or if you would like to withdraw your consent to us collecting your personal information. You can contact the Super Dave’s Privacy Officer at:
1 888 341 1396
Super Dave’s Attn: David Barrow
830 Main St, Dartmouth, NS B2W 3V1